niedziela, 20 listopada 2016

an offer you couldn't refuse

Today I would like to write something about one of the most important movies in my life. I've watched it for the first time when I was 13 and until now I think I've seen this film about 10 times. It's quite unbelievable because there is only a small group of movies which I've watched more than ones. So, the title of the movie is... The Godfather.
     When I was a child, as far as I remember my dad has loved The Godfather. Hovever in those days the internet and even the CDs weren't available so he had recorded the movie (all the three parts) on the video tapes (one of these parts was recorded on the videotape with my cartoons - what a shame! :) ). But my mum has never been a lover of this type of movies, because there is so much violence, and then she doesn't understand how it may be interesting to watch a movie in which most of the time some guys are doing nothing but talking. She always says to my dad: "Ooo, you're watching this again! Couldn't you watch something else, with me?" or "You're always watching The Godfather... Shall I tell you a secret? There are some other movies too!". When I was a child I also didn't understand this love to The Godfather
      One day (I think I was 13), during the holiday, I had nothing to do. I went to the living room and I realised that my dad was watching his favourite movie AGAIN. So I thought - why don't I try to watch it? So, I sat and started watching. After almost 3 hours I was in love. I hadn't known that my dad had so good taste of movies!
The Godfather contains all the stuff which I love, such as suspenseful plot, the tension, scenes in a beautiful Sicily and of course Al Pacino, who has stolen my heart! After The Godfather at once I saw The scent of a woman, The Devil's Advocate, Scarface or Donnie Brasco and until now Pacino is my favorite actor! 
     I can surely admit that The Godfather has opened my eyes to this type of movies and I'm so thankful to it. And unfortunately only my mum is not happy becouse in our house there are now two lovers of The Godfather :) 


                                             The Godfather, dir. Francis Ford Coppola, 1972

2 komentarze:

  1. Oh yes, I watched this film several times and grabs my attention from the start :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. You won't belive me , but I haven't seen it yet! It's not that i didn't try, but the beggining is so terribly boring. I promise I will try one again :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń