czwartek, 16 listopada 2017

movies can teach you

Today I would like to start with something which is not directly connected with any particular movie or series but - for my point of view - is very useful: learning languages by watching movies.

So, this is one of my favourite ways of learning a language:  foreing movies. At the beginning it can be diffucult - plenty of new words, expressions and you don't have time to check their meanings. Even if you are trying to look for the translations and you begin to understand what's going on, the movie may become just a type of lesson, not a pleasant entertainment any more.

But it is not a reason to discourage! I can give you one piece of advice: start with movies that you have already watched with subtitles or - like I did - a tv series which you know and which you've seen many times. Then there will be no need to check the words because the plot is familiar, you roughly know the dialogues so you can just watch and learn new expressions whose equivalent in your own language you've just known.

My "private english teacher" is a series Friends. I know all the episodes, I can quote the dialogues so I watch it without any subtitles. It's a big pleasure to learn english with my favourite characters (for example with Ross and his sophisticated language).

But Friends is a topic for another day :)

To sum up, try to combine the pleasant with the useful and watch movies without a translation. Listen to actors, not to voice-over :)



maybe the foto is beside the point, but it's always good to see a piece of Friends :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz